Breastfeeding support is available from several entities. Education about your options will make things easier. If you need to supplement your baby’s feedings for any reason, you can now do so safely with Bare® Air-free feeding system with Perfe-latch® nipple.
Breastfeeding support resources:
- Find a lactation consultant near you now by entering your zip code below in the search box, courtesy of USLCA or by going directly to the USLCA website.
- You could qualify for a free advice from a personal nurse. Contact Nurse Family Partnership
- Peer to peer breastfeeding support from La Leche League
- Make smart, informed decisions with information from Fed is Best
- You can now purchase breastmilk for your baby in need from The International Milk Bank
- If you need to supplement while you get support to start breastfeeding, use Bare® Air-free with Perfe-latch® nipple
Find an IBCLC from USLCA
Why do you need breastfeeding Support
Breastfeeding is a natural, instinctual way to feed our infants. However, there are several reasons why mothers may need help. To name a few:
- Some mothers may have a low milk supply in the beginning;
- The baby may need to stay in the NICU for observation and given baby bottles which in turn disrupts the breastfeeding relationship;
- Your baby cannot latch on the breast right the way;
- Simply, the baby is feeding but doesn’t gain weight, etc.
Breastmilk is the best food for your newborn and breastfeeding is best for the mom and babies. Utilizing breastfeeding support and the right feeding system can help you initiate, reinstate and extend the breastfeeding relationship while supplementing. The great news is, that most of the available breastfeeding support is covered by your health insurance and Medicaid.