How to use Bare® Air-free – quick guide
- Watch the instructional video below
- Sit your baby in a vertical-upright position
- Hold Bare® Air-free right side up and feed
If you are using the Perfe-latch® nipple
Feeding in an upright position
1. Sit in a comfortable location. Be sure Bare® Air-free is prepared per instructions.
2. Sit your baby on your lap and place the palm of your hand at the base of the baby’s head. Your thumb should be right behind one ear and the rest of your fingers behind the other ear to offer adequate head and neck support. Never position your fingers under the ears, this can be very painful.
3. While supporting the head and neck behind the ears, position the head with the face tipped down just a little bit. Avoid allowing the chin to rest on the chest. Hold Bare® Air-free right side up. The nipple should be higher than its base.
4. Hold Bare® Air-free right side up. The nipple should be higher than its base. Offer it to the baby while in an upright position. Let the baby create the suction to feed against gravity.
Usage and care
Fill 3/4 of a clean, large pot with water and heat to boiling. For your protection, use tongs to place in and remove parts from boiling water. Boil parts for 5 minutes. Sterilization is recommended once a month.
Only boil-sterilize parts.
Avoid steam or microwave sterilization methods.
For your child’s safety, read the following WARNING
- Always wash your hands before handling any feeding product.
- Always use this product with adult supervision.
- Do not leave baby alone with any feeding device.
- Do not let baby walk with the bottle.
- Microwave heating of liquids may cause hot spots that can burn baby’s mouth.
- Always test liquid temperature on inside of wrist before feeding.
- Never use Perfe-latch® or Easy-latch® nipples as a pacifiers.
- Always use this product as directed.
- Always make sure all parts are thoroughly cleaned and dried before use.
- Inspect nipple prior to every use. If you see any signs of tearing, cracking or change in shape, discontinue use and replace immediately.
- Prior to every use, inspect Air-plug® for cracking, or any change in shape. If you see any of these signs, discontinue use and replace immediately.
- Prolonged or continuous fluid sucking can cause tooth decay.
- Only use Bare® parts with Bare® bottles.
- Never push Air-plug® while feeding.
- Do not fill the container with hot to-the-touch liquids.
- Follow instructions for proper upright feeding positions.
- Do not tip Bare® Air-free while feeding, nor hold horizontally. Just hold right side up and let the baby feed at his/her own pace with suction.
- Keep all parts out of reach of children when not in use.
Bittylab is committed to producing the most innovative, functional, and highest quality baby products available today. Our products go through rigorous testing to meet the feeding habits of an average breastfed and bottle-fed baby before releasing to market. However, if you believe you received an unavoidable factory-defected piece, please see the terms page for our 90-Day warranty on all parts and contact us immediately at email@example.com. The tips above usually resolve most issues. Watch more instructional videos here.