Check out this quick instructional video for proper assembly.
**Pay close attention to the Air-plug® assembly, always use a flat surface, Do not assemble the Air-plug® by hand**.
ALWAYS feed your baby in upright position
- Find a comfortable chair or sofa you can sit on, be sure to know that you can rest your back if needed. If your baby is restless he/she may stretch or arch without warning, be sure you can hold him if this happens.
- Sit the baby on your lap and hold the back of his head with your hand or let baby rest on your forearm while you hold his torso and keep him safe. The more upright you can hold him the better, this way gravity keeps the food (and acids) in the stomach while he feeds.
- Hold Bare in upright position as well, with the nipple pointing up. Bare works with suction as opposed to gravity and can feed in any position. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TURN BARE UPSIDE DOWN TO FEED.
- Let the baby create the suction in order to feed. This way he can control the flow and pace of which he feeds, thus preventing overfeeding and/or choking.
- See more videos:
Customizing your Bare® Air-free so it adapts to your baby’s feeding habits
Did you know you can customize Bare Air-free to match the flow and let down of your own breast to further prevent nipple confusion? This customization also works with your bottle-fed baby, not all babies have the same suction range, therefore you can get Bare® to adapt to your baby’s feeding habits, not the other way around. Here’s how.
- Our silicone Air-plug® has been regulated to mimic breastfeeding as far as “resistance” while applying suction. Although this range is average, there are babies that will have stronger and weaker suction that fall outside the range. You can customize Bare’s sucking resistance by using water or milk (breastmilk or formula) as lubricants. Simply, before you install the air-plug® wet the outer edges that touch the inside of the bottle with milk as well as the inside of the bottle and assemble, push the air-plug with your thumb, take out and repeat about 2 or 3 times. The oils in the milk will make the air-plug very slippery and will move easier and with lower suction. If you see the air-plug® moving too easy and your baby is getting too much milk, then wet the air-plug® with water instead.
- To “test” if you assembled Bare correctly, turn it upside down after expelling air. If you have drips from the nipple, make sure that the air-plug is in straight, the nipple is installed correctly and collar is adequately tightened (See video).
- If any of these pieces are not properly installed, you will have air leaks acting like an air-vents leading to free feeding.
- Both nipples, Perfe-latch and Easy-latch have Flow-Control technology and the flow goes from zero to fast flow depending on the baby’s suction.
- You should always feed baby in upright position and let him control the flow with suction.
Why is the Nipple leaking and collapsing?:
- The nipple may collapse if the Air-plug is not moving as it should, please see above to fix.
- Make sure that the nipple’s outer edge overlaps the top and bottom of the collar, as shown in picture.
- If bottle leaks around the nipple, inspect the underside of the nipple to look for gaps. Using your finger, push the nipple’s outer edge against the collar in all directions until it fully overlaps the collar without any gaps.
My milk spilled from the bottom of the Air-plug:
- Be sure to lay the Air-plug® on a flat surface to install. When placing the bottle over the Air-plug® , push the bottle until it touches the table or counter top (flat surface). This will ensure that the Air-plug® is straight inside the bottle. **Do not assemble the Air-plug® by hand**
- When pushing Air-plug® to expel air, make sure it is straight inside the bottle. Always use your thumb and press the thumb disk located at the bottom of Air-plug® to push and expel the air. **Press slowly but firmly, like a syringe.** Too fast may lead to spills. Pressing from any other point, other than the center may lead to spills. Don’t use two fingers, use your thumb. Please “practice” with water and stay near the sink before you start using Bare®.
- This is an indication that the air-plug may be sliding down on its own, which shouldn’t happen. To fix this, expel the air out and let a little squirt go thru the nipple wholes. Due to the airtight environment, the milk will gather around the nipple wholes and act as plugs preventing any air from going in.
I have the Aqua Air-plug:
- Our Aqua Air-plug has been discontinued and replaced with the new Silicone Air-plug. Please contact customer support at email@example.com for more information.
Fill 3/4 of a clean, large pot with water and heat to boiling. For your protection, use tongs to place in and remove parts from boiling water. Boil parts for 5 minutes. Sterilization is recommended once a month.
Only boil-sterilize parts.
Avoid steam or microwave sterilization methods.
For your child’s safety, read the following WARNING
- Always wash your hands before handling any feeding product.
- Always use this product with adult supervision.
- Do not leave baby alone with any feeding device.
- Do not let baby walk with the bottle.
- Microwave heating of liquids may cause hot spots that can burn baby’s mouth.
- Always test liquid temperature on inside of wrist before feeding.
- Never use Perfe-latch® or Easy-latch® nipples as a pacifiers.
- Always use this product as directed.
- Always make sure all parts are thoroughly cleaned and dried before use.
- Inspect nipple prior to every use. If you see any signs of tearing, cracking or change in shape, discontinue use and replace immediately.
- Prior to every use, inspect Air-plug® for cracking, or any change in shape. If you see any of these signs, discontinue use and replace immediately.
- Prolonged or continuous fluid sucking can cause tooth decay.
- Only use Bare® parts with Bare® bottles.
- Never push Air-plug® while feeding.
- Keep all parts out of reach of children when not in use.
Bittylab is committed to produce the most innovative, functional and highest quality baby products available today. Our products go thru rigorous testing to meet the feeding habits of an average breastfed and bottle-fed baby before releasing to market. However, if you believe you received an unavoidable factory-defected piece, please see the terms page for our 90-Day warranty on all parts and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. The tips above usually resolve most issues.